Why Hire the Bussey Law Firm P.C. For Your DUI?
Search the internet for a DUI attorney in Colorado and you will literally find hundreds of firms claiming to be the right match for you. Which brings us to the question presented; why hire The Bussey Law Firm P.C.?
The founder of The Bussey Law Firm P.C., Timothy Bussey, has been handling DUI cases since 1994. Mr. Bussey was an active duty Judge Advocate at Peterson AFB and defended military members. During this time, Captain Bussey was assigned to defend an active duty pilot who was facing a separation for a DUI allegation that took place in Texas. This was an officer separation board where the burden of proof was a preponderance of the evidence rather than the criminal standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
This was Captain Bussey’s very first DUI case, and defending the pilot was no easy task. However, Bussey has never been one to back down from a fight. He presented the problems on the case and prevailed on a .190 BAC breath case in front of a military panel. After this case, Captain Bussey went on to successfully handle DUI cases for other military members.
In 1995, Mr. Bussey left the active duty Air Force, staying on in the reserves, and became a prosecutor in El Paso and Teller County for the Fourth Judicial District. In his capacity as a prosecutor, Mr. Bussey prosecuted hundreds of DUI cases and took many of them to jury trial. This gave him the unique perspective of being on both sides of a DUI trial.
In 1997, The Bussey Law Firm P.C. was established. Mr. Bussey has been at the forefront of DUI Defense ever since. He is a requested national speaker, a nationally published author, and an attorney whose work has been referenced by the United States Supreme Court. Attorneys throughout the State of Colorado and the country call upon Mr. Bussey for insight on their cases. He has been requested to review briefs being submitted to the United States Supreme Court and has testified before the Colorado legislation on proposed DUI legislation.
The Bussey Law Firm P.C. has successfully handled thousands of DUI cases including prevailing at trials involving blood tests, breath tests and refusals. The attorneys at The Bussey Law Firm P.C. will fight for you throughout the entire DUI process relying on years of experience and success. No attorney can guarantee a result, but do not be afraid to ask the attorney you are interviewing important questions.
Before you hire an attorney, be sure to ask:
1. Have you ever won a DUI breath trial where the breath results have been submitted to the jury? The Bussey Law Firm P.C.
2. Have you ever won a DUI trial where the blood results have been submitted to the jury? The Bussey Law Firm P.C. has.
3. Have you ever been nationally published in books concerning DUI defense? Timothy Bussey has been published in national books several times concerning DUI defense.
4. Have you ever had your litigation referenced by the United States Supreme Court? The Bussey Law Firm P.C. has, see Bullcoming v. New Mexico.
5. Have you ever presented a DUI continuing legal education presentation for lawyers in the State of Colorado? Timothy Bussey is a frequently requested speaker at Colorado CLE presentations.
6. Have you ever presented at a national seminar? Timothy Bussey has presented at the National College of DUI Defense Attorneys and The DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
7. Have you ever presented at a conference outside the United States? Timothy Bussey was requested by attorneys in Canada to conduct a presentation to Canadian lawyers concerning DUI defense.
8. Have you ever prevailed in the Colorado Court of Appeals on a DUI issue? The Bussey Law Firm P.C. has.
9. Have you ever testified at the Colorado Legislature concerning prospective Colorado DUI legislation? Timothy Bussey has.
10. Have you been at the forefront of litigating two forensic laboratories that no longer conduct blood alcohol tests? The Bussey Law Firm P.C. was at the forefront of the litigation for the Colorado Springs Metro Forensic Laboratory and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Laboratory. Neither laboratory conducts blood alcohol testing for Dui cases anymore.
Call the The Bussey Law Firm P.C. at 719-475-2555.