El Paso County Criminal Defense Attorney
Being charged with a crime brings significant disruption to your life. Depending on the charge, the potential repercussions of a conviction can range from fines, community supervision/probation, or imprisonment. Having an accomplished lawyer on your side is crucial, and can result in a reduced punishment, or your charge being dismissed.
If you have been charged with a crime in El Paso Country, Colorado, you need the assistance of our respected criminal defense attorneys at The Bussey Law Firm, P.C.
Contact us today at (719) 475-2555 so we can get started on your defense.
Our distinguished team has experience with a vast range of criminal charges, including (but not limited to) charges for:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Drug use, possession, or distribution
- Financial crimes (fraud or embezzlement)
- Sexual assault and pornography
- Domestic violence
- Traffic violations
- Violent crimes (aggravated/armed robbery, assault, kidnapping, murder, etc.)
As soon as you are arrested or charged with a crime, you’ll want one of the skilled attorneys at The Bussey Law Firm, P.C. on your side. However, up until the end of the trial, it is never too late to engage a lawyer.
We advocate for your best interests at each stage of the criminal process, as outlined below.
- We ensure the correct legal procedure was followed in your arrest by the authorities and can prevent you from saying or doing anything that may prejudice your position.
- When bail is set at a hearing, we passionately present reasons to the judge why you should be granted bail so you do not have to remain in jail and can argue to have the figure reduced where this is a high figure.
- We can negotiate and evaluate plea bargains with the prosecution, ensuring you have an informed choice about the implications of a plea bargain, and can evaluate the benefits of the bargain against the likely outcome if we proceed to trial.
- We proceed to trial and passionately present your defense and counter the prosecution’s arguments, aiming to have your charges dismissed and you found not guilty.
- When you plead or are found guilty, we can argue for you to receive a more favorable sentence, based on your unique circumstances and mitigating factors.
Having our attorneys on your case ensures the proper legal procedure is upheld, providing you with a fair trial. Most significantly, hiring an attorney from The Bussey Law Firm, P.C. gives you a drastically better chance of having your case dismissed or sentence reduced than if you were unrepresented or use a public defender.
At The Bussey Law Firm, P.C, we pride ourselves on gaining outstanding results for our clients, whatever criminal charge they face. Our successes include:
- Reduced sentence: A client charged with a first-degree assault felony faced between 10 and 32 years in prison if convicted. Our attorneys were able to have the charges reduced to a misdemeanor third-degree assault, saving the accused from any jail time.
- Not guilty: The accused was charged with driving under the influence after being caught with a blood-alcohol level of .137%, as well as failure to use turn signals and drive in a single lane. With our advocacy, the client was found not guilty of the DUI by the jury.
- Case dismissed: Our client faced a charge of obstructing a peace officer. Our team was able to get the client’s case dismissed, leaving the accused to carry on with their life without consequence.
Whatever criminal charges you are facing in El Paso County, you deserve a lawyer who will fight passionately for you and your best interests. With The Bussey Law Firm, P.C, you can rest assured knowing your case is in safe hands.
With over 25 years of legal experience and as a former county prosecutor, founding attorney Timothy R. Bussey knows what to expect from the prosecution and how to counter it. Our team is non-judgmental, compassionate, and has an outstanding work ethic.
Contact us today for a free consultation at (719) 475-2555 so we can help you navigate this difficult time.