Are You Ready for 2014? Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions
The New Year is always the time when we look at the past year and look forward to the birth of a new year. It’s not just a time to reflect on the changes we want to make in our lives, but also a time to resolve to follow through on those changes and make our dreams and wishes a reality. Here is a Top 5 list of New Year resolutions. See if your resolutions made the list:
- Lose weight and get fit: This is consistently on the top 5 list and is a good one for everyone to have. Weight loss and fitness are not just one-time goals. Maintaining weight loss is often more difficult than getting off the weight. So, losing weight and getting fit should be part of a lifestyle instead of a one-time affair.
- Spend more time with family and friends: Every year, this is another resolution we make. But how many of us actually find the time to catch up with family members and friends and tell them how much we love and value them?
- Quit smoking: If you’ve tried to quit smoking before and failed, don’t let it get you down. You are certainly not alone. On average, smokers try about four times before they quit for good. You don’t have to go cold turkey. There are many aids available for smokers to make a slow and gradual exit.
- Get out of debt: If this is one of your New Year’s resolutions, contact a financial planner or an agency that helps those in debt get out of it. Learn to budget and make a plan for the future so that you do not get into the same situation again.
- Get organized: This is a very reasonable goal and achievable. You can hire professional organizers who can help you reduce the clutter. With a little bit of effort and a few quick and firm decisions on what to keep, what to toss, and what to give away, you could do it yourself!
All of us here at The Bussey Law Firm P.C. wish you a Happy 2014!