Colorado Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
A motorcycle accident can be a terrifying, traumatic event in one's life, with results ranging from a multitude of injuries or even death. We here at The Bussey Law Firm, P.C. understand the challenges that arise and are committed to protecting the rights of injured bikers or family members of wrongfully killed bikers.
Unfortunately, in this day and age, motorcyclists face various degrees of bias when it comes to insurance companies and proving fault for a crash. That is why we apply our many years of experience and extensive resources to fully investigating a case, gathering evidence, and building a strong argument. For more on how we may be able to assist you, call (719) 475-2555 for a no-cost consultation.
If you ride a motorcycle, you're well aware of the dangers involved. What would be a mere fender bender for a car can result in major injuries when you're riding a motorcycle. While the occupants of passenger vehicles can be injured in accidents, on the whole, motorcyclists suffer more severe injuries, including:
- Head injuries: You know how important the brain is; it's the nerve center of the body. It tells us to breathe, allows us to move, make decisions, have emotions, speak. An injury to the brain can have a life-altering impact on the victim and his entire family. Spinal cord injuries are closely associated with head injuries, and can result in paralysis and death.
- Road rash: Road rash is a slang term for abrasions that happen when exposed skin scrapes against the road surface. It can occur on all parts of the body and is extremely painful. In severe cases, gravel, sand, glass, and other types of debris can become embedded in the skin and muscle. It can take a long time to heal, and may result in scarring and infection.
- Bone fractures and muscle damage: In a motorcycle accident, the rider's body almost always makes impact with a hard surface, be it a highway divider, another vehicle, a building, or the ground. Broken bones and damaged muscles often occur in conjunction with each other.
- Biker's arm: Biker's arm is a catch-all term referring to soft-tissue injuries sustained when a rider instinctually attempts to break his fall with his arms.
- Degloving: Degloving is a horrific type of injury where a section of skin is ripped off from the underlying tissue, severing its blood supply.
In addition to dealing with physical recovery, an injured biker may face the financial stresses of being unable to work as well as the money needed to repair his bike. Filing a claim for compensation may help.
Every motorcycle collision is different; however, it can help your case if you consult with a Colorado Springs injury lawyer before telling an insurance company the details surrounding your crash. Some insurance companies shamefully put their bottom line ahead of a claimant's best interests. In many cases, injured bikers are often offered an insufficient settlement amount, their legitimate claim may be denied, or the claims process is dragged out for much longer than it needs to be by unscrupulous insurance adjusters.
With a lawyer offering you guidance and handling the insurance companies, the time spent seeking compensation may be much less stressful, and you may be more likely to get full compensation.
In the unfortunate event that you've lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party, you may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before death
- Loss of future income
- Loss of benefits, such as healthcare, retirement, etc.
- Loss of household services the deceased performed, such as childcare, property maintenance, bookkeeping, etc.
- Loss of love, affection, friendship, guidance, marital consortium, etc.
Motorcycle Accident Case Results
- $500,000 - Motorcycle Accident
- $78,500 - Motorcycle Accident
View more case results.
Understandably, deciding whether to file a claim or pursue a lawsuit in Colorado is often a big decision. After a motorcycle crash, there is plenty to deal with on a physical and emotional level without adding legal complications to the mix. The wide range of economic and non-economic damages that an injured biker or the family of a deceased biker face (and will face in the future) can seem limitless. To help offset the steep expenses of medical care and treatment, a claim or a lawsuit may result in money to help pay for hospitalization, surgeries, home care, and additional financial costs. By holding negligent parties legally responsible, an individual and his or her family may also receive non-economic damages for loss of consortium, loss of quality of life, as well as pain and suffering.
There are certainly a number of causes of motorcycle accidents in Colorado, and only a thorough investigation complete with witness testimony and evidence will appropriately help you prove fault for the crash. A practiced motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure that a strong case is built on your behalf so that you can obtain the compensation needed to properly recover.
If you feel as though someone else's negligence led to you or your loved one's injuries, it's always best to consult with a Colorado Springs motorcycle accident attorney. At The Bussey Law Firm, P.C., we offer no-risk, free consultations to help our potential clients determine whether or not they have a case. It's understandable to feel overwhelmed, even frustrated, after suffering a serious injury in a motorcycle collision caused by the recklessness of another, but it doesn't have to get the best of you. At The Bussey Law Firm, P.C., it's our job to help resolve your problem so that you can move on with your life. Getting our clients justice is what we strive for. Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
- Not Wearing a Motorcycle Helmet DOES NOT Bar Recovery for Damages
- Motorcycle Safety - CDC
- Motorcycle Safety - NHTSA