Two young men were killed in a Colorado Springs car accident when their Honda Civic was involved in a head-on collision. The fatal car crash occurred on Austin Bluffs Parkway near Union Boulevard in Colorado Springs. Officials say the Honda struck a patch of ice, crossed into oncoming traffic, and struck a Jeep Liberty. The Jeep then hit a white van.
One of the victims was pronounced dead at the scene after being ejected from the vehicle. The other died from his injuries at the hospital. Two people in the Jeep suffered non-life-threatening injuries and no one in the van was hurt.
We may have a few more months of icy conditions ahead of us in Colorado. If you have to drive on a particularly cold and icy day, make sure you:
- Clear all the ice and snow from your windows and mirrors.
- Have tires with adequate tread and proper inflation.
- Have plenty of windshield washer fluid.
- Leave more space between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you.
- Slow down and drive at a speed that is safe for the weather and traffic conditions.
- Be wary of black ice.
- If your vehicle stalls or tire blows when it is snowing or when visibility is low, try to push your vehicle to a safe location, or get yourself to a safe location.
If you have lost a loved one in a Colorado Springs crash, you need to seek the counsel of an experienced car accident attorney. You may be able to seek compensation from the at-fault parties by filing a Colorado wrongful death claim. Such claims usually seek damages for losses such as medical and funeral costs, lost future income, and pain and suffering.
The Bussey Law Firm, P.C. can help. Contact us at (719) 401-0585.