Elementary School Student Injured in Colorado Springs Crash
A Pioneer Elementary School student was struck and injured by a driver near the school. According to a Fox 21 news report, the incident occurred at the intersection of Beechwood Court and Woodland Hills Drive. Police say the student was struck by a Jeep Liberty.
The student was transported to an area hospital, but the severity of the injuries is not known. The investigation is ongoing.
School zones can be extremely dangerous for all pedestrians. There are several tips both children and motorists can and should take in order to prevent tragic collisions:
- Always use sidewalks and crosswalks while walking to school.
- Walk with other children. Motorists often stop for large groups of children.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street and never enter streets from between parked cars.
- Watch your speed when you are driving through a school zone.
- Always obey traffic laws.
- Never pass vehicles or change lanes while driving in a school zone.
- Do not make U-turns.
- Do not drive while texting or talking on the phone.
Pedestrian accidents often result in major injuries or fatalities. Common injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord trauma, bone fractures, and internal injuries.
If your loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, the experienced Colorado Springs pedestrian injury attorneys at The Bussey Law Firm P.C. who can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Please contact us at (719) 475-2555 to schedule a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.