Colorado Springs Defective Car Parts Lawyer
Find Out If You Have a Colorado Auto Product Liability Case
A defective television or wristwatch that doesn't work properly can be annoying and expensive to fix, but it isn't hazardous to your health. A defective vehicle or vehicle part, however, can potentially lead to serious injury and even death. If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to a faulty auto part or automobile, it's important that you contact an established product liability lawyer.
The Colorado Springs injury attorneys at the Bussey Law Firm, P.C. can help represent injured clients in auto product liability cases. Call us today at (719) 475-2555 for a free and confidential consultation.
It's been one of the bigger stories, so far, of 2015. Millions of vehicles, from many different manufacturers, have been recalled because of faulty airbags that shot out shrapnel when deployed. One of the world's biggest airbag manufacturers, the Japanese company Takata, was found to be at fault. It is estimated that the defective airbags have caused 139 injuries and at least two deaths.
Vehicles can be recalled for many reasons, such as gas tanks that explode in collisions, tires that blow out at certain speeds, or accelerator pedals that can become stuck. Unfortunately, these product flaws are only discovered after they cause injury or death to several people.
Manufacturing Defect or Design Defect
The first step in establishing a product liability claim is finding out whether the defect is a design defect or manufacturing defect. This is important because it can implicate who the defendant will be. A design defect, such as the Ford Pinto gas tanks that would explode when rear ended, usually affect an entire product line. A manufacturing defect usually effects only a certain amount of products or vehicles manufactured at a certain facility during a certain period of time.
Who Can File a Claim in Colorado?
Anyone who is injured because of the product flaw can sue. This can be the vehicle's owner, the vehicle's driver and passengers, the driver and passengers of another vehicle, even pedestrians. If you were injured, you can file a claim.
Who Can Be Named as a Defendant?
In a vehicle or vehicle part defect liability case, there can be many defendants, including:
- The vehicle manufacturer
- The product manufacturer
- The auto dealership or automotive supplies shop
- Any member of the chain of distribution, such as the shipper or other middleman
- In certain cases, even a used car dealer
How to Win Your Colorado Springs Car Accident Case
To help you win your claim, it will be helpful for you to provide us with the following documentation:
- A copy of the accident report
- A copy of the statement made by the investigating officer
- A list of witnesses or statements from those witnesses
- Contact information for the first responders and emergency personnel on the scene
- All appropriate medical records and bills
- Any paperwork pertaining to the purchase of the vehicle
- Any documentation regarding repairs or previous problems with the vehicle
If you were injured or lost a loved one due to a faulty vehicle or vehicle part, you could be entitled to damages for medical expenses, long term medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, wrongful death, and more.
Call Attorney Tim Bussey Today
The legal team at the Bussey Law Firm, P.C. is eager to help those injured due to faulty products. We can handle all the pretrial motions, filing, procuring of expert witnesses, and every other aspect of your case. If you have been wronged, you deserve excellent representation and compensation. Call our offices today, at (719) 475-2555 for a free and confidential consultation.
- NHTSA Urges GM Vehicle Drivers to Get Ignition Switches Fixed
- NHTSA Recalls 2.1 Million Vehicles for Air Bag Defects
- Automaker Honda Faces Fines for Failing to Report Injuries and Deaths
- Safety Issues & Recalls - NHTSA
- Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Is Your Car Under Recall & You Don't Know It? - Consumer Reports